Are you writing your first blog post?
Starting a blog in 2023 may appear to be a daunting task that will be impossible to complete successfully.
Is anyone still reading blogs these days?
You might be surprised, but people still read blogs today – and blogging can be quite successful. Cuckooblogger helped many companies and users like you to start their own blog. You can start blog and make your career as a blogger.
Isn’t it necessary to understand what a blog post is before attempting to write one or start a blog from scratch?
A blog post is any piece of writing that is published on a blog or in a well-known website’s blog section. Articles, diary entries, or informational guides with relevant images, infographics, videos, and other media can be used.
Each post has a goal or theme and is written in the voice of the blogger (whether it’s a random teenager on the internet or a Wall Street Journal writer). A blog is used to establish a connection between a company and its audience.
It can also provide relevant knowledge, increase engagement and traffic to your website, and build a community. Developing an effective social media platform foundation can contribute to the development of a thriving business.
Let Us First Understand Blogging Before You Start A Blog From Scratch
Blogging entails creating content for the target niche that solves problems and adds value. It is similar to keeping a personal diary.
Simply put, it is the process of consistently writing content on a specific idea or also different topics.
You don’t need any prior experience to start a blog; you can start one with just little background knowledge on a given subject.
Regardless of whether you work as a housewife, student, business owner, or in another profession, you can start a blog.
If you have the ability to produce content on a particular subject for an extended period, you can start blogging.
Your first thought should be about the purpose of your blog…Which genre would you prefer to start with, and whom will you write for?
- Do you wish to begin with your own blog about a particular subject?
- Or would you like to offer blogging services to clients?
- There is plenty of demand for bloggers who want to blog for clients.
- Blogs are an important component of content marketing.
The New Cheat Sheet For A Real Quick Start
Are you thinking about a basic, new, and solid beginning to get you up and running quickly?
We won’t go over everything, just the essentials. Here is included all in greater depth below, so scroll down whenever you get stuck.
To begin, go to Hostinger and enroll in the WordPress Starter plan. It costs only $3.99 per month and comes with a free and new domain name as part of your cheap WordPress hosting package!
After that, simply just go through all the instructions to set up your Hostinger account, and you’ll enjoy that content piece. You will get free SSL from Hostinger and secure your website. The SSL Certificate will be installed automatically, when you added domain in your hostinger account.
But don’t get too excited just yet—we’re not done yet. Following that, you must:
- Install WordPress (the most famous blogging platform)
- Select and then install a low-cost/affordable theme.
- Make your new theme your own.
- Create and post the blog for the first time.
- Maintain a consistent publishing schedule.
- Once you’ve published some posts then you can see the traffic coming on your blog.
To make it easier for newbie, I’m suggesting only those options which will work for everyone. WordPress and Hostinger both are easy to use platform for a beginner.
How to begin with Blog without experience ?
You should think about the first steps before beginning your blogging journey.
Step 1: Choose your Blogging Platform
To start with, the first thing you need to do is select the platform to create your blog?
Different kinds of blogging platforms are available on the internet, confusing many new bloggers in choosing the best one for them.
On the internet, you can see different opinions of people about each platform.
Most Bloggers like to start their blogs on the WordPress platform.
WordPress platform is easy to use, and this is the reason behind its popularity. More than 50,000 plugins are available on WordPress, which makes the user experience better.
Interesting fact about WordPress is that 43% of websites are powered by WordPress.
One notable point is that the self-hosted WordPress blog and WordPress.com are different. Focus on the self-hosted WordPress blog which you need the most.
Step 2: Pick The Name Of Your Blog
When you’ve determined your ultimate monetization goal, let’s proceed to the next step: pick the name for the blog. For some, this may be the most difficult step because it determines how you will build and grow your blog.
However, you should not be overly concerned. Consider the following options:
- Create a blog in your own name (for example, Katherine Hall’s Blog).
- Your name ought to contain keywords associated with your specialty (e.g., Gluten-Free Recipes for Beginners).
- To use as the name of your blog, coin a new word.
You must make sure that the name you select is short, simple, and easy to remember.
The most memorable blog names are those that support the development of a distinctive brand identity for you and endure over time.
Step 3: Purchase hosting to start the blog
Determining the ways to set up your blog is the next step.
While some people prefer to use pre-existing platforms with sizable audience (like Medium), others prefer to have their own website that they have full control over.
If you prefer to build your own website, one of the following tools can be used to set up your blog:
- Wix and Squarespace are two well-known website builders empowering you for building a free site or content. However, you must pay to obtain a completely personalized domain name. They both offer a plethora of customization options, making them more than adequate for most new bloggers.
- CMS (Content Management System) One of the most widely used CMSs online is WordPress. While it is not entirely free—you must buy hosting for it—it is still a reasonable and well-liked choice among bloggers.
Step 4: Select Theme and Install Plugins
Once your blog has been created, you must choose a theme and add plugins.
Your branding strategy should go well with your chosen theme.
For instance, your theme should reflect the tone and levity with which you want to discuss technology in your blog.
Here I recommend you modern theme which is well known for their super performance on wordpress.
Astra Theme: This is SEO friendly, lightweight theme that offers 200+ templates for all kinds of blogs. You need to install the theme and pick any ready to use template for your blog design. This is perfect theme for beginner to expert level of blogger. If you want to know more, then read Astra review to learn everything about this popular theme.
Once you’ve chosen a theme, you can make and fill all the required pages (such as Home, About, and Contact). Add plugins after that to help you track performance and configure extra features.
There are numerous plugins for WordPress, many of which are free. Simply conduct some research to determine which will be most helpful to you.
Step 5: Choose a Target Audience
It’s obvious that you gave this some thought when naming your blog. However, you must now approach this with more seriousness and pinpoint your target market in every way.
You might want to focus on a narrower niche than you had anticipated, or you might want to reach a larger audience.
Will you limit your content to one language only?
Which brand voice are you going to use?
Does your target market frequently read blogs?
What are the interests, problems, preferences, etc. of your audience?
To fully understand your target audience, you should ask yourself all the above questions. Create personas for each segment of your audience after segmenting it.
This gives you the ability to appeal to different demographic groups while still targeting particular audiences. Additionally, segmentation will assist you in marketing your blog (more on this later).
Step 6: Perform keyword research for SEO
The next step is to compile a list of keywords. Although the keywords you use may evolve over time, certain phrases and words will never change. Use the advice below to broaden the scope of your keyword list:
1. Look for keywords that have both long- and short-tail variations. To optimise content for voice search, look for keywords that are similar to search queries.
2. Start with general keywords, then advance to sector-specific keywords, and finally take branded keywords into consideration.
3. When writing, conduct keyword research to find pertinent keywords specific to trending topics.
4. To get the most out of the keywords you’re using, keep your keyword list updated and up to date.
For more on keyword research, check out:
Step 7: Create a content strategy
The process of creating your content strategy might take some time, but it’s undoubtedly one of the most crucial ones.
If you need help, you can visit a website that rates writing services and find a qualified writer to help you. When creating your own content strategy, take into account the following:
- Which types of content do I want to create?
- What subject matter should I cover in my content?
- What do I hope to get from different kinds of content?
- In what ways will I use content marketing?
- What are the goals I have for the blog and its articles?
Step 8: Create your Brand’s voice
When developing your content strategy, keep your brand voice in mind.
This is the general tone you will use in your content. You can use the same voice you use in everyday communication, or you can create one just for your blog.
You should think about and develop your brand voice because it is an important part of your overall image.
Your brand voice, like your blog’s theme, should reflect what you want to show your audience.
If you want to appear to be an expert in your field with years of experience who is looking for readers like you, you should use a serious and professional brand voice.
You should use a more casual and playful brand voice if you want to appeal to mothers with small children who want to teach their children to cook.
Step 9: Create Blog Post and schedule it
Before you write your first blog, you must first choose a topic, register your “.com” domain name, and set up your blog.
If you’ve chosen a topic that interests you, this is the best part of the process. This is where you start collecting blog post ideas in order to create your editorial calendar.
Planning your first few weeks or months of content will put you on the right track. You’ll never be stumped for topics to write about when you should be writing.
Here’s another quick tip:
- Look for other blogs in your niche as you brainstorm ideas.
- It is acceptable to write about the same or related topics. You are not going to steal their content.
- What distinguishes your blog, however, is YOU — your voice and perspective. As a result, this is a great way to find popular ideas that you can approach from a fresh angle.
Your posting schedule is an important part of your content strategy, but because it is so important, it deserves its own section.
The frequency with which you update your blog can have an impact on its success. Consider this: you cannot expect to get good results by posting content whenever you want.
When planning your posting schedule, think about how much content you can realistically produce while maintaining a certain level of quality.
Set realistic goals for yourself, but always prioritise quality over quantity. Consider the frequency with which you can keep up with your audience’s activity. You can change these in the future, but you must start somewhere.
Step 10: Select Your Tools
Tools, such as plugins for your blog, will assist you in configuring specific features and tracking performance.
They will also assist you in creating content and running your blog more effectively and efficiently.
Here are some effective and prominent tools used by bloggers these days include:
- Grammarly will check your texts for grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and word choice errors.
- Canva allows you to create professional-level visual content. Canva has thousands of templates for almost any purpose you can imagine.
- By creating tasks and organizing your day, you can use Asana or Trello to manage all of your blogging-related projects.
- ConvertKit is an email marketing campaign creation and management tool (more on email marketing later).
- Google’s tools can provide insights and help you run your blog more efficiently (Google Search Console, Google Trends, Google Ads Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Alerts, etc.)
Step 11: Encourage Social Sharing
These days, creating viral content is huge, but even though it’s worthwhile to try, you shouldn’t focus exclusively on it.
Instead of attempting to force virality because it frequently occurs naturally, it is best to let your audience create it.
Virality is influenced by social sharing. As a result, it ought to be simple for your readers to share your content.
Install social sharing buttons on your website to make it simple for visitors to share blog posts they find interesting. Word of mouth can work in your favour and increase your exposure.
Now start work on next level of Blogging
Search engine-friendly content for your blog
Every blogger should be as knowledgeable about SEO as possible. You will not find an audience if you do not use SEO.
Some of the most important aspects of search engine optimization are as follows:
- Keywords: The terms used in your content.
- Backlinks and internal and external links are examples of linking.
- Metadata refers to your meta titles and descriptions.
- Content: Your content’s relevance, readability, uniqueness, and so on.
- On-site optimization includes things like page load speed, navigation, and so on.
Communicate with your Audience
You can build long-term relationships with your audience by interacting with them and engaging with them.
Your blog will grow and expand over time as you gradually build your online following.
Numerous methods can be opted when interacting with your audience.
For example, you can enable commenting and respond to comments. On the other hand, you can curate UGC to demonstrate that you value content from your audience.
Other ways to interact include organizing contests and giveaways, starting challenges, and so on.
Try to incorporate these considerations as a new blogger:
- Create an attention-grabbing headline. It’s worth devoting extra time to your headline writing to ensure that it catches readers’ attention. Without getting the readability stats right, even the best blogs go in vain.
- Be interesting, helpful, or pertinent. This will vary according to your topic and whether you’re assisting your readers in solving a problem, educating them, or simply writing about a shared interest. Everyone, no matter what, is bound with time. So you must keep your readers attentive and offer them a perfect reason for reading.
- Make use of tried-and-true formulas (sometimes). List posts, top reviews, and personal stories are all popular, so experiment. And be inventive with your own concepts, formulas, and formats.
Handle Negative Blog Comments
Unfortunately, maintaining a blog exposes you to negativity. Numerous people will read your blog and thank you for creating content that informs, educates, or entertains them.
However, there will be those who object to what you are doing and will actively criticize you.
Negativity like this should be ignored as much as possible.
It is frequently beyond your control, so focusing on it and worrying about it is pointless.
Of course, if your audience has objective criticism or valid complaints, you must address them (e.g., something you said that was offensive). But, in most cases, hatred is motivated by nothing.
Create different types of content
Even if you’ve already developed your content strategy, you should keep thinking about how you can diversify your content.
It is not a one-time task, but having some variety in your content will benefit you greatly. Here are some suggestions for expanding your content:
- Experiment with various content types and formats.
- Find new topics to discuss or new perspectives on old ones.
- Recycle and repurpose old content to update and repost it.
- Create a blog where you curate and publish user-generated content.
- Conduct your own research and post your findings on your blog.
- Talk to industry insiders and experts to get exclusive interviews.
One of the most important ways to expand your audience is through search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO is a long-term strategy. Your articles will not magically appear at the top of Google and other search engines. However, with proper SEO, you can eventually drive a significant amount of organic traffic to your blog.
Invest in a keyword research tool that displays the relevant search terms that people are looking for. You can then use these keywords to create posts and incorporate them into your content.
Another SEO tip for content writers is to write with the reader in mind. And, of course, ensure that every piece of content you create is of the highest quality possible.
Here are a couple of articles, which you should definitely read to learn about SEO:
This entails devoting time and effort to writing multiple draughts and content editing, rather than simply publishing the first thing you write.
Remember that longer blog posts tend to rank higher on Google than shorter ones. For the best results in most niches, aim for more than 2,000 words.
Time to outsource your content creation
You’ve already started your blog and prioritized quality over quantity.
Unfortunately, this limits your ability to post as frequently as you would like.
This is when outsourcing your content creation (or a portion of it) is an excellent option. Essentially, you are delegating some content creation to experienced writers.
You can look for low-cost writing assistance and subject matter experts who will know how to create high-quality content while meeting all of your requirements.
This allows you to maintain your quality standards while publishing content more frequently.
Choose your Blog’s monetization strategy
Let’s get this party going since you can only be as successful as your planning!
One of two things might motivate you to keep a blog: either it’s your hobby or it’s your job.
You won’t need to worry about monetizing your blog if the first statement is accurate.
It’s time to make your next moves if the latter is the case. Before you can make enough money without needing to work somewhere else, it will take some time.
However, there are many ways to monetize your blog, including:
- Advertisements: Sign up for Google AdSense to add ads to your website.
- Affiliate marketing: By signing up for an affiliate programme and producing content with affiliate links, you can become an affiliate and make commissions.
- Influencer marketing: You can produce sponsored content as an influencer and receive payment from brands.
- Guest Posting: As a subject expert, you may receive payment for your contributions to media outlets.
Make Money from Blogging
Blogging is a sustained, long-term effort that evolves over time. However, as a beginner, you can quickly progress and make money from blogging.
As a new blogger, you’ll usually start at the low end of that scale. Once you gain experience and are able to share samples and results, you will be able to increase your fees.
When you start your own blog from scratch, the amount and rate at which your blogging income grows is determined by the amount of time and effort you put into it, as well as the monetization methods you prefer.
Promote Your Website!
The final steps are the most enjoyable aspect of blogging: promoting your work!
Start Email Marketing
Email marketing is one method for promoting your blog and keeping your audience.
You need to build your email list, but the more people on it, the more readers will return to your blog on a regular basis.
While SEO can help you attract organic traffic and find new readers, email marketing will help you retain those readers over time.
Social media marketing is also form of content marketing (as is blogging), they are simple to incorporate into your content strategy and posting schedule.
Just make sure your activities are consistent across all channels. You can maximize the impact of your efforts in this manner.
As a new blogger, you can also broaden your blog audience by using social media. You can experiment with different platforms to determine which one’s work best for you and which ones you enjoy using.
However, sharing your posts on social media will bring them to the attention of more people.
Guest Posting on Other Websites
While guest posting can help you earn money, you will not always be compensated for it. Nonetheless, this is a very effective technique that can help you:
- Increase brand awareness and exposure to attract new readers.
- Increase your link profile by obtaining more backlinks to your blog.
- Write for high-profile outlets in your niche or industry to boost your own reputation and authority.
Monitor and Improve Performance
Remember to keep track of everything!
The success of your content, as well as the goals you achieve (or do not achieve), will help you decide what steps to take next to grow your blog.
Look for ways to improve what isn’t working, but don’t settle for something that merely functions.
Experimentation and innovation are the only ways for your blog to grow and evolve, so every writer must try to incorporate new methods of improvising.
Check Blog Writing Suggestions for producing great content
You need to be more productive in your blogging efforts. Blog writing suggestions are helpful to take your blogging on the next level.
As you go through the writing process, keep the following blog writing tips in mind to help your blog stand out:
- Make your writing interesting. It would be ideal if everyone who read your blog post did so from beginning to end, but most people do not.
- Writing neat, engaging blog content for a single topic can be difficult, so editing is always necessary.
- The audience is the most knowledgeable. Always consider the post from their perspective.
- Conduct additional research.
- Make your writing stand out, especially from the crowd. Many writers develop a habit of writing in a single style, which can be extremely boring to read.
Overall, blogging can be a fun hobby or something you do professionally.
Whatever the case may be for you, use the advice in this article to help you create a blog.
While there are many types of blogs, some are more likely to generate income than others.
Niche blogs, which focus on a specific topic (such as fashion, beauty, or parenting), for example, are more likely to succeed than general interest blogs.
Blogs with original content and high-quality writing are attract advertisers and revenue.
I hope this article help you to start your blog journey and clear all basics of blogging. I ensure that you always get valuable content regularly from my side.
Thanks for reading! CuckooBlogger will meet you in the next post. Keep shining! 🙂
FAQ about starting a Blog
What guidelines exist for blogging?
Six Blog Rules Everyone Should Adhere To:
- Keep it brief. You shouldn’t write blog posts that are more than 300–400 words long.
- Be intriguing and tell a narrative….
- Use one keyword in the body and one in the title.
- Use pictures.
- Make only one important point in your blog, not several.
- At the conclusion of your blog, provide a call to action.
2. What determines a blog’s success?
Bloggers who are successful pick a subject and stay with it. They consistently use the same voice and writing style when discussing their chosen subject. Even when they write about a subject that appears to be off-topic, they make a connection to the area of interest to their readers.